We are currently seeking a Ministry Support Manager
This role is going to be best served by…
- Someone who naturally can manage the combination of computer database, preparing materials, planning ahead for what is needed for events and classes, social media and networking, and many needs that arise day to day.
- Someone who values what they are supporting…the calling and community of the Westside Vineyard.
- Someone whose life can function in what is generally a weekday role but also involves an average of one weeknight and usually two Sundays until 1pm.
We are seeking an individual who will enjoy the full-time role of Ministry Support Manager. This role involves coordinating information about involvement (database) and activity (calendar), digital media and non-digital communications, facility usage requests and oversight, and other administrative support of our many church ministries, which enable us to fulfill our calling to communicate and cultivate the life of Christ to the Westside of Los Angeles.
Along with a personal commitment to Christ, specific requirements include:
- A commitment to being or becoming an active member of the Westside Vineyard. The includes a a functional level of shared values and common communal contribution of time, talent, and treasure apart from the elements associated with this role.
- Some proven history of administrative / office skills including the ability to be proactive, industrious, and diligent in time-management.
- A heart for supporting pastoral ministry endeavors behind the scenes.
- Good skills in written communication
- Ability to maintain a complex database of individuals and families
- High competency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Google Suite/Drive, and the general ability to learn software quickly and easily
- Experience with or a willingness to learn various web development software like Squarespace and WordPress as well as our various church management software (Church Community Builder, Subsplash, ProPresenter)
- An eye for excellence
- Relational skills to work well with staff, leaders, volunteers, and ministries
- A disposition that is positive, teachable, and can enjoy serving
- Team player who can express opinion in a constructive way (i.e., not given to extremes of either passive deference or contention).
- A good value for time by maximizing operational efficiency & effectiveness.
To be discussed. This is a full-time, exempt position. (Our approach towards the combination of a job with the life of the church is to expect that our roles may involve a total of up to 50 hours of total involvement…similar to any active members who may work 40 to 50 hours in a work role and then 4 to 8 hours actively involved of Sundays and a potential weeknight. Some flexibility in hours will be required, including ability to be involved in some evening, weekend & holiday activities for which one can alter their weekday schedule as needed.)
How to Respond:
Send PDF or DOC of the attachments listed below to email@example.com by March 25, please.
We are seeking a potential/ideal start date in April.
- Resume with all background information related to the specific facets of this job description.
- Cover letter that combines some personal story, a brief description of your faith and church experience, and connection to / familiarity with the Vineyard with clear indication of:
- Experience in the areas of ministry & requirements mentioned in this position description
- Contact information for two or more references who are familiar with your administrative experience in fields relevant to this position description
Please note: We will not be able to provide employment to any non-U.S. citizens unless one already has legal status to work in the U.S.
- Proactively maintain our at-large inactive non-participant database through regular data entry/deletion
- Proactively maintain and oversee our facility and ministry calendars
- Develop and deploy database (Church Community Builder) resources to staff and members
- Develop database processes (including registration & fee payment) supporting unique needs of each ministry
- Facilitate database processes in support of assimilation efforts
- Work with pastoral staff to ensure various ministry groups are up-to-date on the database
- Create forms for class/event registration, etc
Administrative & Ministry Program Operations:
- Provide administrative support, including printing & other materials, for a variety of classes and activities
- Provide pastoral resources (such as counseling referring information, etc.) as requested
- Facilitate day-to-day office operations, including purchasing & equipment maintenance & repair
- Secure and train volunteers in support of office & ministry administrative / logistical support functions
- Coordinate event child care volunteers & services
- Manage bookstore operations
- Purchase Sunday hospitality and weekday office supplies
- Welcome church & community contact via answering / responding to incoming phone calls, drop-in visits, etc.
Technological Ministry Support Operations:
- Become proficient in multimedia operation and serve on-call when necessary
- Ensure voicemail system is functional and working, and forward voicemails as appropriate
- Develop & maintain media resources & libraries
Facility Management & Operations Support:
- Provide room availability analysis for facility scheduling process, facility requests, & uses by both church & outside groups
- Print out weekly room usage schedule for Facilities Manager
- Oversee room and event signage
- Assist Pastor of Operations on tasks as directed
- Work on Sunday mornings most weeks as Admin-Go-To
- Update event page on weekly bulletin, and print, fold, and prepare for distribution each week
- Oversee relevancy of Social Media accounts (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter) (others post primarily)
- Oversee relevancy of Social Networking accounts (Yelp, Google Business, Google Reviews) and respond to comments as appropriate
- Update website events page to reflect current events
- Update app events page to reflect current events
- Ensure timely & relevant resources and information is consistently available through appropriate media channels, including information tables / displays, website, e-mail, print material, bulletins, etc.