Grow in Rediscovering the Art of Neighboring
through the Vineyard Host a Holiday Party Challenge!
We’re encouraging everyone to consider hosting a simple Holiday Party for immediate neighbors! Here are some practical suggestions:
- Consider hosting the party some time on the 1st weekend of December
- Consider a simple cider and dessert gathering on Friday or Saturday evening… or Sunday afternoon
- Use the term “holiday” rather than Christmas… that welcomes those from Jewish Hanukkah traditions…and secular.
- Consider exploring and signing up for the website www.nextdoor.com.
- Try not to go overboard, it can make people feel the event is too much work. Keep it simple!
- Many ideas are available online. We encourage you to keep the vision in mind: to get to know your neighbors. Don’t be so busy hosting that you miss the people! Practice hospitality. Listen.
- Purpose: to get to know your neighbors and learn to love them…