STRENGTHEN YOUR FAITH THIS SUMMER!
Summer Sessions - designed to equip and empower those seeking to live as followers of Jesus through focused training in the ministry of God’s Word and Spirit, with emphasis on practical integration of faith into everyday life.
THE STORY OF THE KINGDOM
TUESDAYS For TEN Weeks JUNE 26TH-August 28th
By Matt Croasmun & Josh Williams - Facilitators: BRAD BAILEY, JONATHAN SOLOWY, RON PETRONICOLOS, AND KEVIN IBARRA
Did you know that the Bible is one big story made up of many stories that go together to create the whole story of God and His Kingdom? It is the best story you will ever read – full of mystery, action, drama, romance and impact. In the beginning of the big story, you will get to know the main character: God...His goodness, His love, His creation, and how the brokenness of the world came to be. You will not want to put the second half of the story down! You will discover that the world can be healed. God had a plan for healing and redemption all along. There is an abundant eternal life ahead. As followers of Jesus, we live between these two worlds: the broken world being healed and the transformed world we await.
This course was recently developed by the Vineyard Institute. VI is an international program which provides high quality theological education integrated with spiritual transformation to prepare lives to make a difference in the world in whatever roles they serve. This class has recently been completed by members of the Westside Vineyard pastoral team – Jonathan, Ron, Kevon, who are excited to facilitate this with you. Vineyard Institute is also offering a special opportunity to complete this class for credit at a discount for those who might want to pursue the VI program.
In this course, you will learn about...
- What the Bible is and what’s included in it and the different ways of telling the story.
- How the world was beautifully created and our responsibility to the world in its created goodness.
- The truth that the world is broken (the reign of Satan) and the human fault in it.
- God’s redeeming work in and through Israel, Jesus Christ and the church.
- Living in the Time Between the Times (Kingdom Tension)
Matt Croasmun is Associate Research Scholar and Director of the Life Worth Living Program at the Yale Center for Faith & Culture and Lecturer of Divinity and Humanities at Yale University. He is author of The Emergence of Sin (Oxford University Press: 2017) and staff pastor at the Elm City Vineyard, where for six years he served as lead pastor. Josh Williams served as a InterVarsity campus minister for Yale College and now as the lead pastor of the Elm City Vineyard.
Registration is $40
FINANCIAL PEACE UNIVERSITY
TUESDAYS FOR TEN WEEKS JUNE 26TH-AUGUST 28TH
By DAVE RAMSEY - Facilitator: DALE RUBY
We all need a plan for our money. Financial Peace University (FPU) is that plan! It teaches God's ways of handling money. Through video teaching, class discussions and interactive small group activities, FPU presents biblical, practical steps to get from where you are to where you've dreamed you could be.
This plan will show you how to:
- Save money
- Relate with money (and your significant other regarding money!)
- Develop a cash flow plan
- Get out of debt (and deal with creditors, if necessary)
- Maximize your money through smart purchasing (and income growth, if needed)
- Assess your need for insurance
- Invest for retirement and college planning
- Consider whether buying versus renting is right for you
- Give like never before!
Financial Peace Materials and Membership is $102 per person or couple.